Connect with us

Latest News

B’luru infrastructure collapse amid floods triggers BJP-Cong blame game

Published

on


Bengaluru: A blame game has started between the ruling BJP and the Congress in Karnataka over the recent infrastructure collapse in this IT capital due to flooding from heavy rains.

Slamming the ruling BJP, Congress accused him of destroying the Bangalore brand image that he had built up over the years.

“We are not interested in playing politics. We are interested in keeping the image of Bangalore and its glory intact. The Congress party in recent years has built Bangalore. The city has been recognized around the world, DK Shivakumar, chairman of the Karnataka Congress, said on Tuesday.

Under BJP rule, the Bengaluru brand has been demolished. Thirty-nine percent of the country’s taxpayers are from Bangalore. The city has the highest taxpayers. “Can’t they (BJP) guarantee their safety? I assure the people of Karnataka, especially the residents of Bangalore, that we have a vision.

“I am coming out with documents about it. We will clean up Bangalore and make sure Bangalore is safe for all investors,” she stated.

Shivakumar further stated: “They have been in power for the last three and a half years and could have delivered. Congressional errors rectified. Who prevented them from acting? Even now, no one stops them.”

“Please show me some action, except Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai busy visiting flood affected areas and showing his face, no action. He does not have the trust of the people. He does not have a vision for Bangalore and Karnataka. He just wants the taxpayer money that comes from Bangalore,” says Shivakumar.

The Karnataka Congress party does not want to mix politics in this situation. “We want good government and we want them to help people, whether it’s traffic, storm water drainage and other issues. It is the government of Congress that organizes the Meeting of Global Investors. “We will pull it off. BJP can’t just comply, they don’t mind and are only interested in polarization. They are blaming others,” he said.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, under pressure after the flooding situation, said that several residential towns in Bangalore had to face a flood-like situation due to “lack of planning” and “misgovernance” of the Previous Congress Government in Karnataka.

Speaking to reporters at his RTNagar residence here on Tuesday, he said the previous government recklessly gave permission to build houses, apartments in tanks, tank depots and in buffer zones. Congress was solely responsible for the current situation.

The CM said that the previous Congress government never thought about handling the tanks. But the incumbent government took it as a challenge and freed up Rs 1,500 crore for the construction of the much-needed Rajakaluve. On Monday, Rs 300 crore worth of invasions were removed.

Instructions are given that the build quality of Rajakaluve must be good. A system will be made to ensure that there will be no problems for the free flow of water. At the same time, the invasion will not be allowed, he said.

(IANS)


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Popular Indo-Canadian TikToker dies ‘unexpectedly’ at 21

Published

on


toronto: Indo-Canadian TikToker Megha Thakur, known for spreading messages of body positivity and self-confidence, passed away “suddenly” and “unexpectedly” last week, according to an Instagram post from her parents.

The Brampton influencer with 93,000 TikTok followers died last week at the age of 21.

He came from Indore, Madhya Pradesh.

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the light of our lives, our kind, loving and beautiful daughter, Megha Thakur, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on November 24, 2022 in the early hours of the morning,” Megha’s parents wrote, sharing the tragic news on Instagram.

“Megha was a confident and independent young woman. We will miss her very much. She loved her fans and she would have wanted you to know of her passing. At this time, we ask for her blessings on Megha. Her thoughts and her prayers will be with her on her journey forward.”

The cause of his death was not disclosed.

A funeral was held in his memory on Tuesday.

“Megha knew how much strength she had in the influencer space and how many women looked up to her, I told her all the time. We lost an angel too soon,” wrote an Instagram fan in response to the post.

“Your posts brought so much confidence and light when I was struggling. She was always an angel, and beautiful inside and out. I am sorry for the loss of her and may she rest in peace,” another Instagram user wrote.

Megha was also active on Instagram with close to 101,000 followers.

Her latest TikTok video, posted on November 18, was captioned: “YOU ARE in charge of your destiny. Remember it.”

In the video, Megha was wearing a gray and beige mini dress, white sandals and dark sunglasses, walking through the streets of New York.

She finished her graduation from Mayfield High School and started making TikTok videos in 2019.

His first video got around 3,000 likes and 60,000 views.

(IANOS)


Continue Reading

Latest News

Around 13,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed since war began

Published

on


kyiv: A senior government official in kyiv has revealed that up to 13,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since Russia launched its ongoing war on February 24.

Speaking to Ukrainian media on Thursday, Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky, said: “We have official assessments from the General Staff, official assessments from the commander-in-chief (Zelensky), and they range from 10,000 to 12,500-13,000 dead.” reported the BBC

He said the number of civilians killed could also be “significant”

Podolyak further suggested that as many as 100,000 Russian soldiers had been killed since the invasion began, and that between 100,000 and 150,000 more had been wounded, missing, or unable to return to combat.

However, the Ukrainian military has not confirmed the count given by Podolyak.

The latest figures come after Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last month that around 100,000 Russian and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed or wounded to date.

But the last update from Moscow in September said that only 5,937 soldiers had been killed since the start of the war.

The US general had also pointed out that between 15 and 30 million refugees have been created since Russia launched its invasion.

The UN has registered 7.8 million people as refugees from Ukraine across Europe, including Russia.

(IANOS)


Continue Reading

Latest News

Jubin Nautiyal falls from building staircase; Elbow broken, ribs cracked

Published

on


Mumbai: Singing sensation Jubin Nautiyal suffered injuries after he fell from the stairs of a building and is being treated at a hospital in Mumbai.

The incident occurred early Thursday morning.

A statement read: “The singer broke his elbow, fractured ribs and injured his head after falling down a building staircase.”

“Jubin will undergo surgery on his right arm after his accident. He has been advised not to use his right arm.”

Singer Jubin has firmly established himself as one of the leaders of the Indian music industry with global hits like ‘Raataan Lambiyaan’, ‘Lut Gaye’, ‘Humnava Mere’ and ‘Tujhe Kitne Chahne Lage Hum’, ‘Tum Hi Aana’ and ‘Bewafa Tera Masoon Chehra’.

(IANOS)


Continue Reading

Trending